As M&A specialists, we support you in dealing with the many complex questions that come up when acquiring a company. Together with you, we will develop a well-founded purchase decision, implement it consistently and remain at your side after the company purchase.
Questions to be answered during the purchase process
First of all we assist you in answering several central questions with regard to a possible company acquisition:
- In what way does the purchase of a company increase the value of your company?
- Is the purchase of the company a meaningful improvement of your service portfolio?
- What is the best way to determine an appropriate purchase price?
- How can the risk of the company purchase be minimised?
- Is it more advantageous to make a share deal or an asset deal?
- What must be taken into account for a successful closing?
- What features should an integration plan include?
Our services during the purchase process
We support you during the entire purchase process by providing the following services:
- Financial due diligence
- Tax due diligence
- Legal due diligence
- IT due diligence
- Execution of management meetings
- Preparation of a bid for the acquisition of the target company
- Market analysis (Bloomberg database access available)
- Plausibility check of the purchase price/fairness opinion
- Tax structuring advice (also in the pre- and post-acquisition phase)
- Purchase price allocation (PPA) subsequent to the purchase for the consolidated financial statement
Procedure during the purchase process
In order to make a company acquisition successful, we proceed by taking the following steps. Regular meetings are held to discuss the progress of the project:
- Presentation of the main motives for the transaction
- Identification of central risk areas of the target company
- Resolution on scope and timetable
- Introduction of the core team
- Determination of the scope of the audit based on client and assignment as well as the level of detail of the presentation
- Request for necessary information and documents
- Provision of a secure data room (on request)
- Interview with the management of the target company
- Review and analysis of all available information and documents from a legal, tax and economic perspective
- Executive summary with basic opportunities and risks or deal breakers
- Reporting in German or English
- Advice on structuring
- Provision of capital market data, e.g. interest rates, multipliers
- Support in determining an indicative company value taking into account the risks identified during due diligence
(via our sister company BKS)
- The results and risk areas determined during due diligence are taken into account during contract negotiation
- Support during contract negotiations including the drafting of contract documents
(via our sister company BKS)
- Transfer of ownership of shares and assets of the company (execution in rem of the transaction) upon signing of the company purchase agreement
- Preparation of the accompanying agreements
- Execution of purchase price allocations (PPA) pursuant to the German Commercial Code (HGB) and IFRS
- Comprehensive support in all current tax matters subsequent to the purchase (e.g. accounting, tax consulting or preparation of the annual financial statements)
German Public Auditor, Certified Tax Adviser, Partner
+49 521 2993162Detail
German Public Auditor, Certified Tax Adviser, Publicly appointed and sworn expert (Bielefeld Chamber of Industry and Commerce) for company valuation, Partner
+49 521 2993131Detail